Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Honey and Lemon

So I did a couple of tests with lemon juice and honey this last week.

I had seen on Pinterest, that vortex, a pin about freezing lemon juice.  We had a couple of lemons sitting unused, with no purpose, in the fruit bowl.  I decided to juice them, zest some ginger, and add honey.  I first juiced the lemons and poured the juice, to about half full, in to an ice cube tray.  I peeled and then zested my ginger; adding a small amount to each cube division. I then added a squeeze of honey to each and topped the cubes off with some more lemon juice.  The tray then went into the deep freeze. 
I wanted to try this so it would be easier for me to drink green tea with all these additions, without having to get the grated ginger, lemon juice, and honey.  Yes, I know, it isn't that hard, but still, I'm lazy.  These are quick and easy to pop into tea on the go.  It also helps cool the tea down so I can drink it right away.  Otherwise, I typically wait, what seems to be FOR-EV-ER, for my tea to cool.  By that time, I've forgotten about it, until I come back and find it stone cold.

There were some issues.  So silly me, I had an spidey-sense tingle before I added the honey, that honey was something that didn't freeze.  I should have googled it first.  Honey does not freeze as it is more sugar than water, and not enough water is present to actually freeze.  So the honey just separated to the bottom of the tray.  It didn't bother me too much; I simply scooped the honey from the bottom and added it to my tea. It did make it so I had to leave the cubes in the tray, instead of popping them out and storing them in a different container. 

This is something that I like enough to try again.  I will for sure pass on trying to freeze the honey next time, and just have to keep that trusty honey bear near-by for tea time.

I also tried a lemon juice, honey, and egg-white facial.  I mixed the ingredients up and used my facial brush to apply the mixture on my skin.  (This was another Pinterest find that I gave a try).  It said to place tissue strips on your face after the first coating, and then apply a coat on top of the tissue.  Then let sit for 15-20 minutes.  The whole time I was applying, I was creeping myself out with thoughts of getting salmonella in my EYE or mouth.  Ugh!  I left it on for 20 minutes.  Then peeled the paper towel strips off my face.  The paper towel wasn't completely dry and I hadn't coated it so heavily it would take hours to dry.  I still had plenty of mix leftover with one egg-white, a tsp of lemon juice, and a tsp of honey. I can't say that I saw much difference in my skin at all.  I don't think I'll do this facial again, but I have heard egg-white is great for the skin (shrinking pores and tightening skin) and something you should do WEEKLY.  I don't know if I could handle it.  Maybe if I whip it up into a meringue first. :) Maybe other facials have you whip it up first and, therefore, have less of a chance of it dripping down your face and into your eyes. 


 
Don't I look thrilled! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment