Monday, January 30, 2017

Mercury in Retrograde

I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And on my favorite night: Lit. Lundi!

I recently read Mercury in Retrograde by Paula Froelich.  I have not laughed this hard in a long time.  The book was hilarious and at a point when I needed a good laugh.  This was the second book, in about two weeks, that I actually stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to finish.  The story was entertaining and light.  I picked this book up at the gym book exchange.  This isn't a deep thinking novel, but it was witty, humorous, and entertaining.  Laughter is great medicine.  Reading is great for empathy; and thank God for this book, because I at least know I'm not the only one that seems to have lots of things going wrong in my life (Mercury just seems to be in constant retrograde for me - lol).

The book follows three girls as their lives get up-ended by Mercury going into retrograde.  When Mercury appears to be traveling backwards, from earths perspective, things tend to go rather WRONG.  Penelope, Lena, Dana are three New York ladies whose lives have gone awry during Mercury retrograde.  It covers how their paths all cross and their lives go in every which way; thanks Mercury retrograde!

I recently put out, on the city network page, an ad for a book club!  I don't know if I should just join the library book club or start my own. I'm just excited to get back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment