Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Run Pit Run

We got our new running belt yesterday: Ruffwear Omnijore Joring System.  So today we tested it out.  Titus and I got to take it out on a run and it worked out fantastic.  It is a thick belt that secures around the waist and has additional straps that secure around each leg. I purchased the waist belt that is part of a system that can be used for dogs to pull you on skis, etc.  I am interested in trying it with roller blades this summer.  The towline is in the front and lets the dog go to either side or straight ahead.  It gives Titus freedom to move from side to side but I can control the length of the towline. It took a little getting used to the way it felt on my low back but the awkwardness subsided as we got used to the new belt and system.  Titus was running while I was walking during our warm up (so he was somewhat running in place). Normally, that would nearly pull me off my feet, but this belt worked great for keeping me on my feet despite him pulling on the line.  
I have a light weight chain that I clip onto the towline and then onto Titus.  It also worked well when I took all three dogs out.  I used the same line and attached it to my leash splitter.  I was able to take all dogs out at once.  They did well, only getting tangled a few times.  The belt helps disperse their pull across my body.  They saw a squirrel (they are new to Wisconsin and non-tropical animals) so they were pulling to go check out this new creature. This waist belt was so worth the extra money, especially when you have large dogs...and want to walk/run more than one of them at the same time.  I love burning off all their extra energy.  Snoozing dogs make me a happy dog mom...it means they aren't chewing anything to pieces :)



No comments:

Post a Comment