Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Running Belt Stretches Beyond

I was pretty exhausted last night.  I noticed the right side of my throat was swollen yesterday.  This, coupled with my low "fever" last Friday; I just stayed home and crawled into my bed.  I was originally going to crawl into bed at 8, but when I went to put my dogs into the kennel for bed, Toby was acting up.  I think he just needed some lovey time with mom all by himself.  So I brought him in, and we cuddled on the couch for about an hour.  He rubbed all over the couch and then finally settled in next to me.  He's such a love bug.  I decided last night that I will alternate nights and just let one at a time come in and have some lovey time.  They all have dog pile time, but sometimes that's just not enough.  I get spoiled with love and so do they :) Win/Win.


So my Testy Tuesday review is on the BingPet running belt.  This picture is SO deceiving.  I even searched running belt/hands free leash for large dogs.  The lady must be tiny!! Because this belt is about as big, and useful, as a decorative belt.  This belt didn't last 5 feet out the door.  The ring for attaching the leash to pulled apart.  The chain I have attached is a light weight chain but 120lb strength.  The "stretchy" belt is REALLY stretchy.  There's about two or more feet between my waist and the belt in this photo...and he could have pulled more.  I paid $25 plus shipping for this belt.  The only thing I found cool about this belt was that is lights up. 
I'd say this running belt should have no association for dogs.  It would be better used for a human running belt.  And the dog leash attachment ring would be better suited for your house key.  Or maybe if you have a 5lb or less dog.  I'm returning this promptly and getting something more substantial.  We still got our run in, but my organs now know what it's like to be in a corset.  I took his regular chain leash, pulled the leash end through the handle, and then attached this chain to the leash hook.  We made it through.  I can't wait to go on another run.  I'm sure he's looking forward to it too.  Just need to kick this throat ick.  He honestly went for this 34 minute run with me and then went on a 30 minute walk with the other two dogs.  He's got a ton of energy to spare...and the more energy he has, the more trouble he gets into.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment