Tuesday, September 11, 2018

De-Stress

This weekend, when I was out walking and listening to my audio book, Titus lunged at something and I was caught off guard. I didn't think anything of it at the time. All yesterday, my whole left leg would go numb and just throb with pain. I did lots of stretches and yoga poses to work out my hip flexors, hammies, and quads. I did pigeon and it felt like heaven (probably the only time I'll say that) and I alternated between sitting and standing at my desk a lot. I got home last night, did my 3 walks, and then rested with my leg raised. Before bed, I also rubbed my leg from hip to calf with muscle "de-stress gel." It worked and I was able to go to bed like a little baby. 

Today, my leg was cramping up again. For some reason, I touched my low back and felt a jolt of pain. Ding ding ding. We have a winner and now I know why my leg hurts so much. It took my until this morning to link leg pain to back pain and back pain to Titus jerking my low back on Sunday. I targeted my stretches to my low back. It's still tender and my calf muscle is super crampy tonight. I'll have to resort to my muscle gel again, but I'm not sad. I'd love to have my back and leg feel like a million right now, but for needing muscle gel, this stuff is amazing. It smells delicious; it's a mix of rosemary, black pepper, lavender, and ginger. Most importantly, it does the job! And tomorrow, I won't have to ask my coworkers if they have a stash of icy hot. I can haul this to work with me and use it at my desk without fear of people being grossed out by the smell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment