Sunday, May 20, 2012

Crazy One

This week has been CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

There is no other word to describe it.  I kept waking up early all week.  Tuesday, I got through yoga and DWTS (sorry Maria, you were AMAZING).  I had a slight twinge in my stomach occasionally that night, only to wake up Wednesday to feeling like dying.  I drank some mint tea to settle my raging stomach.  I called into work to get at least the morning off, hoping that a little more time would give my stomach the chance to calm itself.  I got up around 10:30 to get ready and ended up out like a light for who knows how long.  I called right after that to make sure I had the rest of the day off.  Now, I know I had written in my journal that I "really need a day off."  I DID NOT MEAN THIS!  Not to mention, does anyone else think it is weird that between my vacation and sick time, I didn't have enough hours to cover a full day of work.  I think there is something seriously wrong with that.  After nearly a year of working, I only had 4.17 HOURS of sick time.  That breaks down to approximately 4 hours 10 minutes and 12 seconds.  Does the company I work for really not expect someone to be sick at all in a year?!?

Anyways, I got a lot of sleep in, read so much I could have died, watched so much boring tv I lost a ton of brain cells, and stared longingly out the window, wishing I could be out basking in the sun. 

I made it to the weekend though.  Went to the yoga 3 year anniversary party and won a couple of prizes!  Woot.  I won a bag for my yoga mat which means that I can now ride my bike to yoga!  Being able to pedal home after is more the question!  I washed all my bedding and hung it out to dry yesterday in the beautiful sun and breeze.  I got my place cleaned up enough for company and we played games and watched the 13th Warrior after not being able to find anything at the Redbox.  Elisabeth and I had watched New Year's Eve and One for the Money.  I also watched Anne Frank while doing my laundry the other day.

New Year's Eve was kind of dorky/cute.  It was cutesy and anything with Zac Effron appeases Elisabeth.  I mean, I did just torture her with an hour long session of yoga - I owed her something.  There are lots of groups of people - finding the courage to go for their dreams, gaining the courage to do what they want, helping each other through hard times, finding love, blah blah blah.  Everyone gets their happy ending on the night when a new year is born.


One for the Money was really cute.  It was funny and wacky and entertaining.  We may have watched it twice.  Stephanie Plum is an out of job Jersey girl who ends up working for her cousin Vinnie - a bondsman.  She becomes a bounty hunter and has her eyes set on the guy who broke her heart and just so happened to be avoiding his trial.  She goes after this old love, Joe Morelli, with the help of a very fine man called Ranger.  I really liked the line about Ranger: "Ranger Manoso. He's like the statue of David by Michelangelo, if you dipped him in caramel and strapped some heat on him."  Anyways, she solves the mystery and gets her man.  Yay.  Personally, I think she might have picked the wrong one, but oh well.



Anne Frank was really quite a cute movie.  It was a bit strange and it jumped around suddenly.  One second Peter and Anne are screaming their hate of each other and the next they are about to make out near the sky light.  Over all, it was really good.  All of pretty  much know the story of Anne - girl locked in a small area with lots of other people hiding from the Nazis, writing in her journal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment