Monday, December 10, 2012

Zodiac and Inspectors

I really love having notepad.  It makes typing up my blogs super simple when my internet is lagging and I don't want to wait.  I'm on a schedule and I've only allotted 15 minutes to this "activity."  I'll probably go over, but I still want to get some reading and yoga in before I hit the hay.  This weekend was FILLED with yummy baking.  The 3.5" I lost from my waist this year might all reappear if I'm not careful.  I've been taking a lot out and sharing the love with numerous others.  Fill YOUR belly and not mine.  I'm really looking forward to eggs and home made honey wheat bread toasted and drizzled with honey.  I may add a little bit of grapefruit in there to round it out.  My mouth is watering already. 

So, to get to the point: Books.

I'm currently working on The Last Bus to Woodstock by Colin Dexter (an Inspector Morse novel).  I have to say, I am not enjoying this book as much as I enjoy watching Inspector Lewis, which is based of this series.  I just made into Part 2 of the book, but it just seems to keep dragging on and on.  I almost cried last week when I realized I had watched the last Inspector Lewis on Netflix.   All the other Inspector Morse novels might just be taken back to the library with a sigh.  I tried.

I also recently finished Zodiac by Robert Graysmith.  It was a very interesting book.  I don't know why I find serial killers and their stories fascinating.  I just do.  Not in the, "I want to become one" fascinated.  More like, "how did they get away with that" or "I can't believe there are sick people like that out there."  I can't believe that they never caught the Zodiac killer.  It makes me very upset that someone out there knows who the killer is but is unwilling or unable to come forward with the evidence.  I can't help but think of the poor families that won't have any closure because there just wasn't enough evidence to pin it to a certain person.  I'm wondering what happened to the woman who escaped from Zodiac and then just sort of disappeared.  I, for sure, would probably try to disappear after almost being murdered.  The book, mostly, made me think how stupid cops could be and how things might have actually happened had there been sharing between jurisdictions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment