Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sutras

No, not the Kama sutra.  Sutras are like proverbs.  I just finished reading Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali BKS Iyengar.  It was a very interesting read and I'm glad I had a bit of a guide, both paper and mentor wise, otherwise I would have missed a lot.  To some it up: Be yourself, that is the purest form and to accept that person. You don't need objects or even others approval if you love yourself. It ties into "You can't control what someone else does to you, you can only control what you do in response."  I can't really go into too much more detail, it is just so good and more of a: read it and see how it applies to your life.  I'd suggest skipping the redundant preface parts.  I got more just from the actual sutras and the little explanation that Iyengar includes after them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment