Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Teacher, Teacher, Teach Me

Well tonight was pretty interesting!  I showed up to take a yoga class and ended up teaching it instead.  The regular teacher canceled last minute and when I showed up, they asked if I would teach.  YAY!  My heart was pounding at the beginning.  I know there were things I can improve on still, but it went well.  I just now realized that I totally forgot side plank on the opposite side.  We did it once, but not the second time.  Oops.  I didn't let myself get bogged down in "not being perfect" even though I knew the whole time I was being compared to Renee.  I just had us send our energy and happy thoughts out to her at the very end.  I'm happy my first class at the co-op was a surprise; I didn't have time to panic about being perfect and not having taught anyone since I passed my test.  Wow, I'm glad that first class with more than one person is behind me.  Now to let it go and come at the next class fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment