Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tinkering

Wow, I feel rushed to write something. I recovered my chair the other day and it looks fantastic! I am so excited that it is dry and I can take it home! I also worked the book sale and got myself a whole bag of books for just 2 bucks. I got the whole Black Adder series for just $0.50. Book sales are fantastic.

I was flipping back and forth between the game and my movie, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Unfortunately, we were sucking so badly that I just watched the movie. It was a very interesting movie. I had a bit of a hunch as to who the mole was of the bunch. Did I mention, I love Tom Hardy. Add him and Colin Firth to a movie - whoa. Colin Firth is just fantastic. So is Gary Oldman. His characters are always so well done and this was no exception. He got me interested in the life of a very dull man: himself, George Smiley. It was really quite an intense film and I really liked the way the story was told. I was a little confused for a while about the spy who got shot - is he alive still, is this a flash back story, are him and that guy really lovers or just best friends? I want to know these things! For some reason, the name Smiley makes me think of something else...mainly, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment