Monday, January 7, 2013

Last Bus

Again, I have been cursed by the Internet working until I pull up my blog.  I wonder why that happens.  It could be because I am so tired right now that my eyes are barely open.  Typically, when I get like this, my grammar and spelling go out the window.  So maybe this is just fate telling me to go to bed.  I spent close to an hour or so making my dinner after not getting home until 8:30.  I pretty much didn't eat until 9:15.  I also broiled all my bacon up.  So that took up a good chunk of time.  Now I am well fed on lemon marinated turkey breast and carrot soup.  I thought I had reduced the recipe enough so it would be enough for just me.  Nope, I have so much soup, I think I may be eating carrot soup for the next month.  It is pretty good if I may so. 

I haven't really read anything new in the New Year.  I finished the Last Bus to Woodstock book by Colin Dexter.  The book did become more and more interesting and I did find myself enjoying it.  I kind of miss Sgt Hathaway though.  He was my favorite part about Inspector Lewis.  I may not go all crazy and read ever Inspector Morse novel that Dexter has put out, but I know it is going to be a good read if I ever am in need of a good book some day.  The plot was: 2 girls hitch hiking, one ends up dead in a pub parking lot, the hunt is on for the murderer, Inspector Morse falls for a girl, keeps searching for murderer, twists and turns and more bodies, voila - murderer behind bars!

Oh, I also found out what it is like to wash your hair with snow in that big storm we had.  It isn't really a voluntary thing.  It is more along the lines of having to walk out in thick falling wet snow.  You enter a building and you drip because your whole head is soaking wet!  Thanks Rosemary Clooney.

No comments:

Post a Comment