Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Paint the Town at Paint Bar

Hard at Work
I went with my sister last Friday to Paint Bar in Madison.  We got a Groupon to a "Freestyle" painting session.  The freestyle session are pick your canvas and paint whatever you want; unlike the classes where you get taught a specific painting.  Our Groupon also came with a pizza to split (we got the margarita pizza and it was delicious beyond words). 

Our yummy pizza


We ended up staying two hours working on our paintings.  I choose a sunset picture from my first trip to Puerto Rico as inspiration and my sister just free-styled a beautiful fall scene (she's an artist)!  We even made their facebook page! I had a ton of fun and was extremely surprised by how well I did.  I mean, my sister I knew was going to crush it; the last painting I did was in the 7th grade and it looked like crap.  I was honestly nervous when they put the canvas in front of me and handing me some paint and brushes. 


Finished Painting

 This is an event that I'd highly recommend to anyone.  It's just a fun, relaxing evening.  My sister and I got to work, enjoyed some tea and pizza, and walked away with gorgeous art work by us!  I really liked the free-style.  They have a wall of inspiration that has directions for how to complete each work, but it was fun picking something I wanted and painting it.  I picked one of my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico and it's magical sunsets. 
The Inspiration
My sister is probably getting very annoyed with me, because every day I look at my painting and go: "Dang, that painting is BEAUTIFUL!"  Lol.  I think the classes would be fun too and a different way to enjoy painting in a group setting.  We so often lose touch with our creative side; and too often creative people can become reclusive :) Good activity to bring the both together.


Fall Path by EW

Her painting reminds me of Europe.  I love fall and all the colors.  She did a fantastic job just painting from her mind.  I had a picture in front of me the whole time to reference.  I'm proud of us! 

I talked to the two ladies helping us.  I am thinking of doing Yoga and Event days like: yoga and painting, yoga and a mani/pedi spa day, yoga and glass blowing, yoga and hiking, yoga and rock wall climbing, etc.  They seemed really excited about it and gave me their bosses name; they said they loved the idea and they thought their boss would too!




No comments:

Post a Comment