Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Whip It Good

I made a batch of whipped coconut oil this weekend.  You can use just coconut oil and essential oils and whip it up in a mixer.  The one I made this weekend, I used Shea Moisture Bath, Body, and Massage Oil with my unrefined, cold-pressed, virgin coco oil.  I used 6 tablespoons of the Shea Moisture oil with 1 1/2 cups of the coco oil (in it's solid state), and I added a few drops of tea tree oil (for a little more sanitizing). 

I heated the coco oil so it was easy to get out of the jar, but still solid.  I then put it in the mixer together and whipped it up.  I didn't use the whipping attachment on the mixer, just the blending attachment.  It made two small jars of fluffy coconut oil.  I really wanted this for my desk at work, where the paper and boxes I come in contact with dries my hands out like crazy.  I also added the tea tree oil to add more germ killing to the coco oils natural anti-bacterial properties.  A small amount of this whipped coconut oil goes a long way.  If you put too much on at first, your hands will be greasy.  Just a little and let it sit for a bit.  Silky hands goodness with a quick and easy project.
 ps: These cute jars were in the dollar bin at Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment