Monday, September 19, 2011

Awaken


I have so many books up in the air right now - I have been reading a book about the "Dark History of the British Royal Family - since 1066," The Capture, and One Day. I recently finished The Awakening by Kate Chopin. It is apparently considered a classic. It is about Edna Pontellier, whom undergoes an awakening. She becomes an empowered female at the turn of the century. She begins thinking about herself, who she is as a person, her wants and desires - she falls in love, has an affair, takes up art, moves into a tiny place while her husband is away. It was an okay novel, I don't have much to say about it. It was actually more on the boring side and didn't quite end the way I had imagined it. After all of her "awakening," it doesn't really matter, because she's still stuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment