Wednesday, February 8, 2012

That Third Eye Isn't THAT Significant of an Effect

I honestly thought this was strawberry ice cream when I first saw it - ick!
So most of us, if not all of us, were disturbed last week with the images of the meat product that is found in McDonalds and other places that sell "meat stuff" as food. Is it any wonder that Americans and Western societies are dealing with obesity when we eat such processed foods that our bodies only get something to fill our stomachs with and toxins? Even eating fruits and vegetables can be scary now with genetically modified foods that can do harm to you, not only the environment. I'm really shocked by how our government wants to educate us and get us fit, our insurance companies want to jip us out of health care if we're "fat" (aka: our BMIs aren't in the generic/preset ranges dictated to be "healthy"), and the food companies are handing money into the governments hands to say: hey, that stuff does nothing "significant" to your body. I'd say that hormones in our meats and dairy is having a SIGNIFICANT effect on my body if it forces me to go up several cup sizes (long after puberty) simply because I had been living in another country (where it isn't allowed) for a significant enough period of time. Maybe every girl in America (whose average breast size has risen from a B cup to a D cup) should make the government start paying for the $80 bras that "are supposed to fall apart after a year, because that's when you should replace them" (as told to me by a Victoria Secret associate upon my complaining that my bra was ripping down the center and it wasn't even a year old yet).

I guess all I can say is: Go Jaime Oliver and the food revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment