Wednesday, February 29, 2012

RBIs Hormones

So this is pretty much becoming a common theme for me.

I feel really bad for Ryan Braun.  I find it absolutely hilarious that our government allows growth hormone pumped into our foods, but God forbid the league have a guy use it to increase his playing skills.  Heck, maybe Ryan Braun just ate a steak that was full of hormones - thanks FDA for saying it has "no significant" effect on our bodies.  It's completely ok for the population to drink synthetic estrogen from our waterbottles and from the tap (since synthetic estrogen never breaks down) and we can eat it in our food, but Lord forbid you take it with a purpose. I'm not saying he did or he didn't or condoning drug alterations to your body for sports prowess; I just don't get the double standard! 

I read the big article in Sports Illustrated today about him getting off on a technicality.  PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH BIGGER CRIMES THAN TAKING DRUGS (i.e. MURDER) ON A TECHNICALITY!!!!!!!!!!!  People need to get over it and "the grey area" - his sample didn't follow procedure and it should have been thrown out anyway.  I defend his right to keep his reasons to himself - this is America, you can say what you want when you want, or you can keep your mouth shut.  Hell, what if Ryan is actually a transgender girl taking testosterone to make her a man - doctors give it to people going through sex changes all the time.  It could happen and I have a feeling we may be running into more and more of that down the line - more and more people are freely choosing which gender they want to be identified by and is the league going to ban transgender players because they have been taking testosterone supplements?!?


In the end, I say: You go Ryan Braun!  I'll still be in the stands cheering for you and all the other Brewers! Congrats on overturning the results and your 50 game suspension.

No comments:

Post a Comment