Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spies and Screwdrivers

Yesterday I got a chance to meet up with a friend. We had brunch and some drinks. I had a lovely screwdriver. I was really kind of tempted to get a Beermosa; however, I'd like to try a Mimosa first. We were sitting chatting away and all of the sudden were like - yikes, our movie is about to start. We then rushed off to the theater to watch This Means War.

Besides - YUM - the movie was actually kind of cute. The two spy friends end up meeting the same girl and liking her. She is really in to Tuck (the British guy) but end up liking the ladies man FDR. The two spies are best friends and are currently "grounded" due to a mission going a bit wrong. They spend their time grounded in a competition to see which one of them the girl will choose. They are so wrapped up in this that they don't recognize there is a big threat coming their way. Etc, etc, etc - girl has to decide things go boom. And from then on you'll just have to watch it and figure out more.

I also re-watched the Addams Family movies this weekend. Oh my goodness. There are things in there that my young self missed the first time around. Gomez...obviously there for all the mothers who had to watch the movie. Same goes for Morticia - every woman wanted to be her and every man's jaw hit the ground. The movies are beyond hilarious. I laughed so hard when I realized the snotty little blonde girl (Amanda) was the one who plays Harmony in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The harmony hut intrigues and yet disturbs me - I also completely love the Thanksgiving play. Oh the song "Eat Me" is a classic for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment