Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Curse you Craft Gods!

So I think the craft gods hate me.  I think all of my crafts turn out pretty crappy.  I do have to say that my perfectionism and the incredible imagination I have creates these perfect little ideas that my abilities quite haven't gotten to yet.  Take for example, I made this mosaic table that had a bunch of uneven tiles.  I wanted to make it even and after about 5 or 6 years of thinking about it, I finally got the resin stuff and attempted to make an even top for my table.  I read/saw somewhere online that you could make a bit of a frame with duct tape that would hold the resin in place until it set up and then you just peel it off.  Ha...hahahahah.  Someone was having a chuckle.  Boy am I glad I put the plastic sheeting down because it was one giant mess.  My dad and I propped pieces of plywood along the sides to try to help, it just made it harder to see the resin seeping out of the bottom of the tape frame.  I checked on it yesterday and it looks usable still.  There are places where the resin didn't get to, places where it is a bit thick, and some stalactites that I'll have to sand off (?maybe? it doesn't want to come off with out peeling a majority of the wood and paint off the sides).  Maybe I just have to keep working away in order to win the favor of the craft gods.  Maybe, like Hercules, I have 12 labors to complete before I can be free from whatever bad craft karma got attached to me. 

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

    "bad craft karma" Come live with me. I'll help turn that bad into beautiful.

    hahahaha! ***seriously you crack me up***

    ReplyDelete