Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Curse It

I’ve been dealing with some anger lately; lots and lots, overwhelming amounts at times.  I’ve been taking out my aggression on weights and the punching bag at the gym.  It’s too bad they don’t have gloves, because I feel like I’m going to break a knuckle open one of these times.  I am trying not to turn my anger on God.  I want to cry out.  Sometimes I feel more like Job’s wife saying: curse God and die already.   I am holding on to His promises, God is good and no matter what happens here on this earth, I know there is redemption for me on the other side in God’s arms.

Job 2:9-10
Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die.” 10 But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?”[a] In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

I pray that I may be more like Job.  Willing to accept both good times and trials from my heavenly Father.  I also pray that God gives me the strength of character to forgive those that have wronged me and humility to ask forgiveness when I have wronged others.

No comments:

Post a Comment