Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Olympics

I have only been able to get glimpses of the games.  The best part is, of course, the figure skating.  I really enjoyed the opening ceremony.  The graphics and dancing was superb!  Sometimes I'd get a little head rush from the moving dancers and moving graphics, but it was also spectacular.  Too bad Russia couldn't get the rest of it's act together.  While I do see why some people are poo poo-ing the people posting things about how bad conditions are in Sochi (that's what Russian citizens deal with all the time); I think we have to give them some grief.  "About 120 million Chinese did not have access to an improved source of water supply," and yet they cleaned up for it's Olympics.   I am just assuming this, since I wasn't actually there.  Either they supplied everyone with bottled water, or they had their city ready for the Olympics.
 Lack of being ready has gotten more press than the actual games and the athletes. To me, that just isn't right.  They worked darn hard to get there and compete, and their own social media postings of poor/weird conditions is getting more attention.  I guess I just have to say, I'm sorry Russians living with poor living conditions like that all the time.  People in charge, what have you been doing?  With all that money and all of those 7 years!

Congrats Olympians!  Best of luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment