Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Other Sister


So my friend is getting married in November and she decided it was her goal to watch 50 wedding movies before her wedding.  Tonight I helped her check another movie off the list.  We watched The Other Sister after a lovely hike.



Carla, Juliette Lewis, is a mentally challenged young lady that comes back home to be with her family after completing her schooling at a school for mentally challenged children.  Both her and her family have some bumpy times trying to get used to life together again.  Carla wants to continue on her education and convinces her family that she is responsible enough for the challenge.  While attending classes, she meets a man named Danny that will change her life and open her eyes to love.



This movie is odd, heartwarming, and predictable. Most romantic movies are, so I won't hold it against it. Juliette Lewis and Giovanni Ribisi star in this romantic coming of age movie. It truly is a sweet story of romance and coming of age. I think it has been highly over-looked in the category of romance/wedding movies.  As my friend said, "The movie gave me the feels." 

No comments:

Post a Comment