Monday, August 24, 2015

Forgive like Jesus

I love books.  Ask anyone who knows me, books are one of my giant obsessions.  Give me hot chocolate, a cozy blanket, a good book, and a dog or two (or even three), and I'll be set for a day.  You could probably leave me in one spot and return 12 hours later and I'd still be there reading away.

Okay, so I think you get how deep my obsession is with books.  I just got two new ones today.  I don't really have the money to buy stuff yet, but I thought these two books were something I should invest in for my own personal growth as a human.  Normally, I'm all about going and renting from the library and then buying as a last resort (unless I really love it or it's on uber sale). And heck, these two books were $6.29 total.  I picked up Procrastination: Preventing the Decay of Delay  and Forgiveness: The Freedom to Let Go, both by June Hunt.  I'm really having difficulty in the area of forgiving some of the betrayals I've felt in the last year, so I thought this book would be perfect.  I often have a hard time with forgiving.  And it's not the typical problem.  You could hurt me a million times, but if you said sorry, I'd accept it and forgive you.  I give so many second chances, I often get walked all over.  I'm hoping this book can keep me forgiving like Jesus, but still drawing the boundaries to keep from being a door mat for others.  The second is just because I love to put things off and then the next thing I know, I've run out of hours in the day!  I'm so a list maker, so I'm hoping this will help me work through my lists in a timely manner and not always losing hours of sleep to get things done.  I'll have to keep you updated on what I learn from these babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment