Wednesday, August 26, 2015

You are Powerful

I've been feeling really inspired lately.  Wonderful people have been sharing their stories and it gives my soul so much hope.  I've been reading the best personal development book there is around; the Bible.  Today I came across a passage that really struck me. Proverbs 18:21 says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits." This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by Nathaniel Hawthorne: "Words-so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become, in the hand of one who knows how to combine them."  Our words are so powerful.  Simply smiling and saying hello can change some one's day from bad to good.  I hope and I pray that my words will always be for lifting up others, so that I may reap the fruit of all that good.  And I don't mean that selfishly.  What an honor to know that a few kind words made someone else's day.  It would also mean so much to have a kind word spoken when you are need.  So today, and maybe even tomorrow, take time to consider the power of your words.  Do you want your power to be for good? Or do you want it to be for evil?  I completely understand that it is a hard choice to make each and every day; even every time you open your mouth.  I often have issues with hasty, biting words coming back to haunt me. So remember that you and your words have the power to lead and inspire others.


Also, Happy National Dog Day.  I love my puppies and I don't know where I'd be without them.  Love you little ones that have touched my life with your cuddles and silly antics.  You make a wonderful listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, and a wonderful workout partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment