Monday, February 20, 2017

Blind Date


I have about 30 pages left in my Intellectual Devotional: Modern Culture.  It takes longer to read than a novel, just because it is so dense. 


Last Friday, I biked to the library with Titus and picked up a “Blind date with a book,” book.  It came all wrapped in brown paper, with a very brief description of the book; mine was marked as, “Mystery set in Egypt.”  In addition, they gave me a goodie bag.  It had pop corn, tea, hot chocolate, some candies, and chocolates.  What an awesome promotion!  I love the library  😁  In addition, Titus did fantastic waiting outside while I grabbed a book and checked out.  My book turned out to be A River in the Sky by Elizabeth Peters.  I’ve only managed to get a few pages in, but it already seems right up my alley.  It is set around 1910 with a British aristocratic, intellectual family.  They had been anthropologist in Egypt and their son is now working over in Samaria.  I wonder if it is going to turn out a lot like the Mummy; or maybe, a grown up Mummy.  The son is prone to trouble, which seems very much like the Mummy (And I love the Mummy).




No comments:

Post a Comment