Friday, February 24, 2017

Embrace the Struggle

Ahh! I had this all written and just never ended up posting it last night. I was severely lacking motivation last night.  It took me HOURS to make it to the gym. 

Physical

I have been working out on the regular for about a month now.  I haven’t seen any changes with the scale, but I have had a non-scale victory of noticing my cardio/lung capacity increasing.  I was able to run for 6 minutes straight without taking a break (as of today, Friday, I ran for 15 minutes straight)! EXCITING!  In addition to hitting the gym about 5 days (or more) a week, blending weight lifting, yoga, and cardio, I have been taking the dogs on long bike rides.  The warm weather wave has made it amazing to get out and soak up the sun and blow off the dogs’ cabin fever and mine!  Vitamin D, not from a bottle!  Yay 😊

Relationships

I am working on changing my rather reclusive lifestyle to a little more social.  My dogs keep me pretty tied up.  I love them to death, but my life pretty much revolves around them.  I love cuddling and training and exercising with them.  They just aren’t human companionship.  I am posting on a local website to get a book club started up.  This will do double duty: making me be social sometimes and getting me back to reading on the regular. 

Career

I will be starting my new job SOON!  It is all in the works.  I can’t wait.  Mostly, because I just want the structure of having a job, I’ll be learning new systems, and to be able to pay off my debts!  That is the best part.  And then I can start saving for buying my own home 😊 I have been scoping out some land that is for sale and really decently priced.  Dreams, dreams, and more dreams have been filling my noggin.

Spiritual

I know that struggle brings endurance and character.  I also know that God is faithful; He will bring me through any storms or trials.  I can learn from these hard times and grow in His word and promises.  My God is a big God.  He is an amazing, incomprehensible God. 

Favorite Song(s) of the week:
I've been enjoying my workout/yoga playlist.  Some of my favorite, that help me push through, are Bitch I'm Madonna by Madonna and Yoga by Janelle Monae.  They just get my blood pumping!


Favorite Quote(s) of the week:
May we not turn away from the struggle of the cocoon. - The Truth Project

Me to vet: "Are betas toxic to dogs?  I think my fish jumped out of its tank and I haven't found the body.  I think my dog ate it.  He's pooped a lot this morning already."
Vet: "Not from what I have read, are they toxic to dogs."
Me: Ok.

*Two mornings later, fish swims to the top of the tank!


Favorite thing done this week:
Lots of walks and bike rides in the sun.
Nearly 70 degree weather in mid-February
Teaching lots of yoga

Favorite show/movie of week:
Fear thy Neighbor - very interesting and a little annoying. 

Favorite thing read:
The Donald Trump entry in the Cultural Intellectual Devotional book.
I've also been getting into my "Blind date with a book" book.

Favorite event:
Finding my fish in the tank!  (Seriously, I pulled the conch shell out of the vase and search the sea glass at the bottom and Mara, my fish, was no where to be found).  She just swam right to the top of the tank yesterday morning. 

Most inspired moment:
Feeling strong and fit. 
Raising my face to the sun.
Studying The Truth Project with my DGroup

Thought(s)/Epiphany (ies) of the week:
There may be struggles in this life, but this is simply the changing stage.  We are being made new and changed into something beautiful.


Weirdest dream:
I can't even remember any of my dreams this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment