Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Lobby for a Hobby

Well, tonight was interesting.  I didn't get out of work in time for yoga (sad face).  That was okay.  I did a morning flow when I woke up this morning.  I was feeling much better and it was so energizing to put my body and mind to the challenge right away. I just weaved the sequence below into a sun series and voila - morning started off right.  I was a little lazy and I didn't want to get my mat from the car - ouch, did my rug burned hands feel it! It was very interesting to hear a lot of the DWTS contestants and pro-dancers talking about this seasons dancing giving them so much confidence in themselves.  For me, yoga and Zumba gave me loads of confidence.  After a really tough and grueling session of yoga, it is nice to meditate on what your body just did.  It is amazing what you really can do when you put your mind to it and don't listen to the dissenting voice in your head.  Zumba just makes me feel good about letting loose.  It's a party that is whittling a pretty amazing body while building loads of confidence. I'm so glad I found to things that really get me excited about discovering all the possible things I can do!  Before Zumba, I'd claim 2 left feet.  Now, I know I can do some complicated (for me) footwork with practice, of course.  About a year ago, I couldn't tell you a single hobby/activity other than reading that I truly enjoyed.  Now, I just listed two that have enriched my life by not only helping me get healthier in body, but in mind as well.  I still don't have infallible confidence, but it is definitely better than the girl more comfortable in the corner with her nose in a book. If you don't have a hobby, I dare you to try and find one.  I had no idea where to start looking for a hobby, I just had to go out and start trying the different things my city had to offer.  Wow.  I'm so happy to see how much my life has changed in a year with the addition of a hobby/hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment