Sunday, October 9, 2011

Emma has been Sourced

This week my sister and I got Source Code to watch and drool over Jake Gyllenhaal. It was a really interesting movie. I thought it was very interesting the theories after death after just starting reading a book about death and its rituals. The movie is about Cpt. Colter Stevens who is being sent back to figure out who is bombing the train. He is a gallant soldier that does his best to figure out who is bombing the train and who is planning an even bigger attack on the city of Chicago. He also begins to solve "his" problem. I had it figured out relatively early on - the first time they explained what the "source code" was, I new! I don't want to give too much away, but it is interesting comparing other peoples' ideas of death (when it happens, when the body is no longer a person) and this movie. I thought it very interesting, especially after had I had read about Hindus believing that the person is not fully dead until their head splits open on the funeral pyre.
Anyways, it was a very good movie with a surprise ending that is both happy and sad at the same time.


I also go to finally finish Emma! *Sigh* I have no idea why Jane Austen is so perfect at describing amazing men. It's probably because she had a whole lot more time to contemplate the perfect man. Oh, the Victorian romance novel it is - I am absolutely sure that Jane herself fell in love while dancing. Every single one of her stories has some sort of pivotal moment while dancing. The only thing I know about Jane's life is what I have learned from Becoming Jane; I'm not sure how much you can trust a movie version of her life! The movie was quite amazing and will have every girl smitten with Mr. Knightley. I so need this on DVD!

No comments:

Post a Comment