Sunday, October 30, 2011

Head Over for Ruins

I watched a new movie and an old favorite this weekend. My sister stayed over Friday night and most of Saturday. We plowed through a package of Oreos and several glasses of guava mango juice. Our company was My Life in Ruins and Head Over Heels.

My Life in Ruin had my sister and I running around screaming "Poupi Kakas" all weekend. My mother thought we were being immature. Then our whole family watched it after I made dinner last night. She laughed so hard she started to CRY when he was introduced as Poupi Kakas. The movie follows the story of Georgia. She was a professor in Greece until cutbacks left her with the only job she could get - a tour guide. This particular tour, she has a new driver (the other one eloped) and the other tour guide has made a deal with their boss: a raise in exchange for her resignation. Nico, her fellow tour guide, does everything he can to make her tour go so poorly that she quits. This tour though, there are two people that help her make it through the torture and come out on top. It was so cute, my sister and I watched it 3 times. Not in a row!!!!!! But close enough :D


 

In between watching My Life in Ruins, we watched Head Over Heels. This movie is SO cute and who doesn't love Freddie Prince Jr.?!? Amanda had had horrible luck with men and she just wants to find the one man that won't hurt her and still makes her weak in the knees. She catches her current boyfriend in bed with a model so she moves out...into a den of models! She ends up meeting the cute neighbor whose apartment just so happens to be right across from their bay of windows. Her and the models conduct an investigation to find out if he is a creep or not - that investigation takes a murderous turn and Amanda finds out that Jim isn't exactly who he said he was!

No comments:

Post a Comment