Monday, October 24, 2011

Three Musketeers

Yesterday, as I was blogging, I was thinking: "Hmmm...I know there is another movie I wanted to talk about....oh well." Then it hit me - The Three Musketeers!!!!!! I went with my sister on Friday for my birthday present. What better birthday present is there - Matthew MacFadyen (whom shares my birthday day)! It was a really good movie. I am a HUGE fan of the older version with Chris O'Donnell and - ugh- Keifer Sutherland. I don't know why I detest Keifer...I just do! *Side note: Donald Sutherland is WAY hotter than his son!*
The film follows D'Artagnan who joins up with the Three Mustketeers: Athos, Porthos and Aramis. Athos has been betrayed by his love and the designs for a flying ship slip into the hands of the English. The Cardinal of France is plotting the taking of all power in France - by controlling the dimwitted King of France. The main drama of the film takes place when the Musketeers are sent to England to retrieve the diamonds that were stolen from the French Queen - a plot to convince the king that she has been unfaithful. They must retrieve the diamonds and get back before the king's ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment