Sunday, April 14, 2013

42

So my days were a bit off last week.  It was really hard to tell any of the days apart last week because it didn't stop raining!!!!!!!!!!!  Tomorrow starts another round of fun!  Yay.  It was a bit of a testing week too, this last week.  Some things had me about ready to walk out on everything.  I also woke up at 5am twice this weekend.  My time to sleep in and I'm being woken up by not pleasant-ness.  One of them was a text message professing love and "you're always on my mind."  Ugh - sometimes, I wonder why me?  Sometimes I just think I must be broken - most girls would probably find it romantic that guys would manage to get your number and text you for a date or a guy you like (as a friend) telling you that he thinks about you all the time, loves you, and thanks you for being you.  Oi!  *Face meet palm*

Enough about that.

Movie time! *On a side note, the MTV movie awards sucked.  Other than Vin Diesel looking fine and making me feel old, it could have been done away with completely.  I take that back, Rebel Wilson was funny and I loved the opening by the Pitch Perfect cast.   Now everything can be deleted.  Seriously, I can't believe Tom Hardy didn't win best villain. I haven't even seen the movie yet and I can tell you he was the better villain, mainly because I've seen the guy who won play his stupid little villain.  Not even close!  These young kids now days, they don't know what is good!*


I watched 42 today.  It was so amazing!  Here is my typical girl comment that I will get out of the way: OH MY GOODNESS, Chadwick Boseman (Jackie Robinson) is gorgeous!  Or maybe it is just because I like baseball guys...ok, enough of that.  It was just a phenomenal movie with a pretty spectacular cast: Lucas Black as Pee Wee (my FLASH), Ryan Merriman as Dixie Walker (he was from that Disney movie where he wins a high tech house and it goes a little crazy, you know which one I'm talking about), Harrison Ford (we all know him) as Branch Rickey, T.R. Knight as Harold Parrott (I knew I knew him, but it took until just now to realize that it was because he played Dr O'Malley on Grey's Anatomy), Chris Meloni as Deroucher (SVU), Alan Tudyk as a jerk of a manager for the Phillies (I like him much more as a recovering addict in 28 Days) and John McGinley as an announcer (it is so weird to see him in any roles where he isn't screaming at the Scrubs cast).  There were also a lot of other rather new actors that I haven't seen before.  Hamish Linklater, who played Ralph Branca, had one of the best exchanges with Jackie.  It went something like this: "Come shower with me...I mean us...wow, that came out wrong." Jesse Luken, who played Eddy Stanky, I could have kissed him!  He was the one who finally had the nerve to stand up to Alan Tudyk's asshole of a character.

Lucas Black (Pee Wee) and Chad Boseman (Jackie Robinson) showing people what kind of men they are.
The movie is just a phenomenal telling of the story of Jackie Robinson and the integration of baseball.  Go watch it and don't pay any attention to the fact that a bunch of idiots only gave it a 3 out of 5.  Those same idiots thought The Host deserved a higher rating.  Seriously people, we are going to pick a rather stupid alien love story over the true story of a man who had the guts to step up to the plate and be the first colored player.  Shame on you for giving The Host a higher rating.  Then again, why do we want kids to see a movie that might change their world view or expand their minds?!?  It isn't like we still have segregated proms in the South and who knows what else down there.  Ugh.  It makes me want to find the nearest man of color (even rainbow colored would do) and walk down the street holding hands.  That would probably just be my two sweet little brothers, but it still would probably raise all kinds of hell.  Seriously people, you need to get over it.  Shakespeare even had blacks and whites mixing back in the effing 16th Century (that was a long time ago). 

No comments:

Post a Comment