Monday, April 22, 2013

Words Slaying

I finished 2, count 'em, 2, books this weekend.  I finished Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Why Do We Say It. They are both really interesting books.  I'm not going to write much on either of them since typing is a pain in the butt.  I will say Abraham Lincoln was a really interesting mix of fact and fiction.  I was; however, annoyed by the fact that the front story about a guy writing a book for the vampire Henry has no resolution at the end.  It was also confusing knowing who was talking at times.  I was left to wonder: is this Henry, the writer, or Abraham Lincoln?  The Why Do We Say It book is also very interesting.  I have mentioned the same problem with it from the beginning: some of the explanations don't really explain anything or they are so unbelievably out there OR I have heard more logical explanations than the ones provided.  They are both worth taking a look at; I'm just happy to say that I finished a book!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment