Sunday, April 7, 2013

Carrying Your Love with Me

I am so super tired.  If my internet had been working earlier like I'd hoped, I wouldn't be writing this right now.  I'm seriously like 5 seconds from falling asleep on my keyboard. 

Two things to talk about:

1.  Playing for Keeps:  Cute, but not worth it.  I love Gerard Butler and Katherine Zeta-Jones; their presence wasn't enough to redeem this bad movie.  I think Gerard may have taken the role just to pretend for a minute he played for the Celtics. Jessica Biel, I really haven't liked you as an actress, ever.  I didn't even like you in 7th Heaven.  This just made it more obvious that your acting really hasn't improved since you were on that show. 

Movie synopsis:  George (Gerard), a now retired soccer star, moves to Virginia to be close to his son.  George is having some tough financial times and he's trying his best to get into something he'll be good at: sports casting.  One day, at his son's soccer practice, he gets fed up with watching the kids just run around without any direction from their coach who is constantly on the phone.  All the ladies begin to take notice of the hunky, unattached Scotsman that has begun to coach their children.  While trying to get his life together, George has to overcome several distractions.  A chance for his dream puts him in a tight place:  choose a career or his son.  What will he choose?!?


2.  AMCAs:  Seriously, it was just bad.  Blake Shelton and the other guy hosting just had bad timing.  There was no flow to their banter.  It just came off as forced.  Not to mention, the awards are really very stupid to begin with; country has to have their own awards because otherwise they'd never win any music awards.  Sorry, that is what I feel.  I do like the occasionally country song and quite a bit of bluegrass and folk.  I swear they are the only genre of music to have their own awards.  It took about 30 minutes to get to the first award presentation.  It takes that long between awards because they have about four to hand out to begin with!  The first half hour was all performances; I only semi-enjoyed George Strait.  He seemed really pitchy and slightly off.  Alas, George Strait had my heart when I was 10; you don't forget that too soon.  I think I still have a tape of his floating around somewhere.  Also, what was up with having the lyrics on the screen behind the performers?  It's country, not rap. 

Yup, I owned the tape at one point if not still!

No comments:

Post a Comment