Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Muddy Path Chosen

Health: I'm beginning to realize that I am not my enemy.  I can become my own best friend, confidant, and ally. I need to stop beating myself up and saying horrible things about myself. All I have to do is keep moving forward and being better than I was the day before.  This is all a process. One day at a time.  I can't expect everything to work out in a few hours or even days.  I can change my mindset and go for the things that I want most in this world.

Relationships: I had a really awkward time this last weekend; but I stood up for myself and my
boundaries.  I'm really hoping that this relationship isn't damaged for good, but I will not let someone else think they can berate me into doing what they want me to do.  This is my life, and I will make my own decisions. They may be bad, they may be good; but they will be my own. Like tonight, I thought I'd walk back not on the path, but in the creek.  Looked nice and shallow and refreshing; until I sank up to my knees in mud.  I pulled myself out, walked back to the path, and walked home barefoot and just as happy as if I hadn't stepped in the mud.  You can make your decisions; I will respect that; however, when you start throwing your baggage onto me and adding more negative talk to my brain that is already filled to the brim, you aren't doing anything but pushing me right back down the hole I'm trying to get out of. I love you greatly, but I'm not going back into that hole.   

Career:  I'm still staying hopeful.  I can do this and I will. No one can hold me back but me!

I'll leave you with this ;) Don't ever let anyone hold you back, least of all yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment