Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shelved

I think my desk might be in shock!  I cleared off the growing pile of papers and found actual desktop beneath.  Who knew?  I'm getting everything clean and prepped before my trip since Grandma and Grandpa B are coming down to visit the weekend after I get back.  I'm so EXCITED for them to visit.  It'll be the first time they have seen my new place and I've lived here for nearly a year and a half.  All the prep I can do ahead of time will be greatly needed, since I know it'll look like a bomb went off once I get back.  Isn't it crazy how fast your spotless house can go from clean to a disaster area?!?

I got all house-warmy the other day and I decided to do a project in my front hall.  I got a $15 shelf from Menards and a wall hook for about $3.  My sister and I installed the shelf together while our pizza was baking.  We of course couldn't find our stud finder, but I did find studs in an odd place far from where I wanted to place the shelf.  I had to use the anchors they included, little did I know when I was borrowing my dads tools that I'd need a set of drill bits too! I had to run back to the house and get a set of bits.  Once we had all the tools, it only took us a few minutes to get it up on the wall.  My sister mainly read directions and checked on the pizza.  I finally got around to hanging the Monet replica I bought at l'Orangerie (one of my favorite places).  The frame and the picture together cost no more than $15.  For around $30 I have front hall set up that works well.  I'm constantly losing my keys.  This is mostly because I have a penchant for throwing my keys onto my bed and then losing them in all the covers.  Now, I am perfectly organized and I can avoid spending several panicked minutes in the morning searching for keys.

1 comment:

  1. AHHH, that's so cute! So much cuter when I can see it all in a big picture instead of my wee little cell phone. Love you!

    ReplyDelete