Monday, February 25, 2013

Nerdy Postmistress

I just started reading The Postmistress by Sarah Blake. I really am enjoying the storyline; however, I want to hurt the person who edited her book.  If that person were my editor, they'd now be out of a job.  I would be MORTIFIED if I had a book go to print and become a NY Times Best Seller and it have such stupid errors.  If there is a new moon rising over the city, that means there will be NO moonlight glinting off the chrome bumpers.  Also, if the scene before people are complaining about a guy in town leaving his curtains open and his lights on at night (Germans might see it) and the Post Office flag pole drawing attention to the coastal town's position, why are there people with their front porch lights on?  SO CONFUSED!  I have been putting sticky notes on all the parts that make no sense (in addition, of course, to all my favorite parts).  I can't wait until book club and I can rip this book a new one!  I also started in on a book about famous women in history.  It is a very interesting read!  I may just finish it before I finish The Postmistress.

No comments:

Post a Comment