Monday, July 16, 2018

To Stay or Not to Stay, That is the Question

So if you have ever followed my blog, you know that I am a poly-reader; meaning I am reading multiple books at the same time. Currently, I am reading Wildflower by Drew Barrymore, The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street by Susan Jane Gilman, and On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingals Wilder.  I get to listen to Wildflower during my commute, read Ice Cream Queen during free time, and Plum Creek while on break at work and between calls. 

The most recent book I finished, was If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I enjoyed the book and listening to it. I don't think it was particular amazing. It is a new way to think about life and death. My personal morals don't quite align with what is portrayed in the movie; but it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the story. I'm a sucker for a love-conquers-all kinda story. Mia, the main character, goes through her life story and reasons for staying or leaving life behind, after her family has been in a terrible car crash. I won't spoil it, but I'm pretty sure many people have seen the movie that came out a while ago. If you love stories and seeing life from someone else's view; this is a good book to just enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment