Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bing!

So it isn't so snowy and it isn't so Christmas timey, but I've been desperate to watch White Christmas since I heard the English class next door to my French class in Versailles watching Holiday Inn. I finally got my hands on the library copy of White Christmas and I am super excited to be watching it!

This is one of the best films from my childhood. I absolutely LOVE Bing. This movie is the reason I totally fell in love with Bing Crosby. I love his voice and I love his whistling! I absolutely love guys who can whistle because I fell in love with Bing's whistling...it's sexy! :D Not only do I love Bing, but I love Rosemary Clooney and their two counterparts! The showmanship in this film is just beyond spectacular! I don't think their is anything like this anymore...at all! No live shows or stage shoes that give you comedy, dancing, singing, and bigger than life sets that are beyond stunning. I think the use of all this talent to help out someone else struggling in really amazing. Today, lots of celebrities are happy with throwing money at a cause or donating some of their time to make commercials, but not doing something completely selfless like these people did for their General. A mix of a love story, a story of true kindness and generosity, and Christmas time just makes this movie beyond spectacular!

I also, always imagined me and my sister like the two sisters in this movie. The "Sisters" song is one of my favorite parts of this entire film! I especially love it when Bing and Danny Kaye sing the song so that the girls can skip out on getting arrested!

No comments:

Post a Comment