Thursday, March 31, 2011

Classic, Fair, Snowy White

It seems a little sad in life when you realize the "light" makeup you just bought seems to be a little darker than where your skin is at! I can't believe I have fallen from the "Classic Ivory" to "Fair" (and those are the nice ones description of my paler than pale skin). It would probably help if the sun that I like to bask in didn't also give me headaches. On my walk today, after about 15-20 minutes in the beautiful sun and my head started to twinge...I have a feeling it was because I forgot my sunglasses. Anyway - let's get on to the juicy stuff.

Relationships: Well, I suppose that if I actually got out of the house it might help me in my search for love. The two men I love most in my life right now are McGee and Dr. Spencer Reid. Dr. Reid with the potential for a mental disorder (I think he's at risk for schizophrenia)seems more interesting and someone I'd be comfortable around than most of the guys I have met in my life. I think his social awkwardness is about on par with mine and I am weak in the knees for super intelligent guys. I don't know if this means that I am pathetic or if the area of my location just has me secluded from the really interesting guys....hmmm. I also just love McGee's geektasticness - I think I may have just invented that word, but it works for me! He's so sweet and lovable and intelligent - very good qualities ... not to mention he looks...well, both McGee and Dr. Reid look smokin' hot in suits! :D

Health: I can definitely say that I have been a whole lot more successful in this situation this week. I was a little...ok, a lot, disappointed when I got one my Wii Fit Character after my post-pregnancy sister had borrowed it - IT GROANED and complained that I had gained 21.6 pounds. This sad fact means...I really need to get down to a healthy weight! I started keeping my food journal - it lasted about two days - so I'll have to get back to keeping that. I have been working out a lot more than I have been in the last weeks. It might sound geeky, but the "Sweat" option of Just Dance 2 is actually really fun and a GREAT calorie burner. The weather has been nicer and I've been heading out for walks in the warm sunshine. I also started up with 8 Minute Abs and 8 Minute Stretch and then another day I did 8 Minute Abs and 8 Minute Buns. My abs and legs have been hurting so much lately! It hurts sitting up in bed and it hurts attempting to walk up the stairs; right now it might suck, but in the long run I know it's going to pay off.


Career: This week I have at least applied to 7 more jobs! I've also been looking into careers choices that might get me to my dreams. I'm thinking about writing a culture section (visit local places of interest and write them up) and present it to the local paper as something optional to print (if they think it is up to par). I think if I really like that kind of work I might think about doing a Masters in Journalism. All just dreams and wispy thoughts floating about in my head currently, but we will see in time where this winding road of life will take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment