Friday, March 25, 2011

Freaky Friday Switch Up

So - since I kind of confused Thursday for Friday yesterday...I'm thinking I'll just do Thursday's blog today. :D I actually thought for a good portion of today that I had just actually forgotten to blog despite my memories of bringing up the page and typing. I thought I had skipped because I couldn't remember discussing my 3 areas of growth and change. I checked this evening, prepared to make a blog for today and tomorrow...until I realized that I had blogged (I had not forgotten - I'd just mixed up the days of Flitty Friday and Thirsty Thursday).

Relationships: So, my mom has been teaching me a lot of cooking lately (aka: I have dinner duty); she jokingly calls this my training to be a better wife. Now faced with the idea of marriage, kids, cooking, and cleaning for another human being/beings - I think I might pull a bell jar moment; however, I am not sure of this because if I met a decent guy I might just change that belief/feeling. I might just accommodate the house wife scenario into my life in response to experience and new information (I've been reading a psychology book lately :D). I still have made no forward progress in this area; unless you consider my "marriage training" forward movement.

Health: I am happy to say I have made forward progress in this area. While I did not start up with my food journal again, I did begin to get about 2 miles of jogging and walking in a day. I think I might get back to my 8 Minute Core videos (Buns, Arms, Abs, Thighs, Stretch). I love this DVD and it's pretty cheap on Amazon.com I still need to cut back more calories, but I am an emotional/stress eater and not having a job is beginning to annoy me.


Career: Well, I have found about 30 jobs to apply to in the Madison and Milwaukee area...I just have to write a cover letter to send with all the applications. I hate cover letters! They are the worst things in the world! Not because I can't write, but because I hate writing about myself and selling myself. I think in the speech classes they make you take in college they should teach you how to do an elevator speech with confidence. I just feel smarmy and wrong trying to write myself up as "the perfect candidate for the job."

No comments:

Post a Comment