Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Would you like some Testosterone with that?

So I have to browse health websites for articles at work and I came across this article about how modern life is hard on men. They are dealing with dwindling testosterone levels. I find this really interesting that things like birth control and sexual freedom, we are becoming less than what our predecessors. The artificial hormones that us women consume through our birth control - it doesn't just disappear - it passes through our system and becomes part of the water supply. The synthetic estrogen can't be filtered out - so between our water and our bottles it comes in - we are emasculating out men.

I wonder about the hormones that transgendered people use as well - what happens to those testosterone and estrogen additives?!? Are we going to become evolve to A-sexual beings because our hormones are beginning to match?

I was laughing and joking about how I'd have to give in and date an older man now - since the older man is one carrying enough testosterone - oh, how I was taught a lesson. A 40 year-old man came into my place of work and kept staring at me and asking me all these questions. He asked me how old I was and if I had a boyfriend - I lied and said yes. He was telling me about how his parents were going to be away for the weekend and he'd be throwing a rager in his parents absence. I think he thinks he is still in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment