Monday, August 1, 2011

The Wind in the Willows

I have loved this movie since I was a child. I still love the The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. I still watch it on VHS. I bought an illustrated set of book while I was in Scotland. It is an amazing set and I completely love it. My Scottish host dad took me to the quaint little bookshop and waited with me while I bought it. I didn't not care that it took up a tone of weight and space in my suitcase...it is one of the best things I purchased while in Scotland. I finally unearthed it yesterday while unpacking and I just had to start reading them. I have only read about 5 of the 20 separate books (I think each chapter was sorted out into a little illustrated book).


I have just finished reading up to the point where Toad had become obsessed with cars. Mole has broken free from Spring cleaning, found the River and Ratty, tipped over the boat after the picnic, met Toad, gone on a gypsy tramp with Ratty and Toad in a horse drawn cart that gets run off the road. Can't wait to finish the story even though I know everything that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment