Thursday, August 9, 2018

Pineapple Living

Physical: Working on the 30 days of yoga. I've been stealing away on my breaks to a meeting room and working through some Sun Salutations. I've been so busy this week, literally, every night this week had something going on and I've got a baseball game tomorrow night too! I haven't been walking as much as normal this week, and my workout aren't as intense as the 21 Day Fix ones, and so my calorie intake is off this week. It's still under what I'm burning for the day, but not as high of a deficit as I'd like. I'm not going to stress about it though.

Relationships: I am so blessed with amazing friends! I don't have a large group or people that I'm just always with in every spare moment. But we get together regularly to enjoy each other's company. I got to meet up with Meep and her hubby at State Fair, D-Group 2x this week, book club, and a baseball game tomorrow with one of my bffs from high school.

Career: I need to pull the trigger on schooling here soon. I am scared to death of failure. I am scared to death I won't have the time. I barely feel like I have the time for life as it is right now. God will provide the way.

Spiritual: This week I've been smacked upside the head with several sermons. The one from my home church, titled, Drink Deeply, was a message that my heart needed to hear this last weekend. Jesus himself drank from the bitter cup that ruined his life and caused it's demise. He faced that because it was the Father's will and His purpose. Exodus 15:22-27 references the bitter water that the Israelites found in the desert. God was the way to change those bitter waters into sweet water. Amen that He does that for us when we look to Him for our satisfaction and source of living water.

Unlocking the Bible this week has been just a wealth of conviction and joy. Monday started with "The Heart Wants What it Wants" and was followed by "Children of Wrath." I am prone to falling into thoughts of, I'm not that bad of a person. I've not done anything really wrong in my life; I'm a rule follower...most of the time. :) The list of sins that the heart is prone to smacked me right in the face as I went, "ugh, oh, yeah, I've got that one..umm, ok, I'm a horrible person." But the amazing thing is,  I have Jesus pulling for me and the Holy Spirit working on sanctifying me.

I went to our large group bible study tonight and we made painted signs. Of course, I made a pineapple. I wrote "Be Fruity" and wrote the reference to the fruits of the spirit. The fruits of the spirit are exact opposites to the list of sinful desires of the heart. I crave pineapple about as much as my soul longs to be better. So the sign will be a good reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment