Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Oh to be Irish

I am currently watching The Challenge: Rivals. I like these shows for some reason. It is so much drama! The first show already has drunken fights and injuries. Surprise, surprise - Adam from the most recent Las Vega...well, dumbass beyond dumbass, has to start a fight. There was Ty, stirring the crap, and Adam feels he needs to step in and put him in his place. So they start a drunken brawl. I can't believe he feels that Ty is a loser when he's the one that keeps getting kicked off the shows for being a drunken idiot. He has his little drunken tantrums and he breaks stuff and hits people. Tell me who is the loser! Adam is such a moron. He has only ever acted like a dumbass and in the process of proving his manliness, he knocked over a girl and practically gave her a concussion. Nice chivalry! Plus, his "hit" was more like a prepubescent girl's attempt at a slap.


Anyways, I'd rather talk about someone else who is a contested hero. I just watched the movie, Michael Collins and I am blown away. I have to say, I think that movie is the first time I have EVER hated Alan Rickman. Alan Rickman is my love...I even love him in Die Hard. This movie, he took the cake as "Dev". I am still trying to understand how a guy with a French name (de Valera - aka "Dev"), born in America, with an English accent is allowed to be the President of the IRA. I love Liam Neeson as Michael Collins. I do find it interesting in the division between terrorism and guerrilla warfare. I suppose the main difference is that Michael Collins and his men were taking out the British officials that were stalking them and working on taking them out one by one. I guess it all depends how you view it, ultimately someone is dying and that is never good. I guess I just can't really blame the Irish for using guerrilla tactics when the Americans used them to help win the Revolutionary War. We wanted independence, they wanted it...we got it the way we needed to: by making a presence and making a stir. I cried really hard by the end. I am going to start reading more into the Irish Republic Army. I do have to say, that Julia Roberts and her attempts at an Irish accent are kind of funny, 'cuz sometimes it isn't there at all! Poor Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment