Friday, June 3, 2011

Pretty Little Start


I am super excited for the June 14th premiere of Pretty Little Liars! I can not wait.

I'm a little thrown off right now while listening to Allen Ginsberg reading his poetry. I think I can't handle his hippie poetry - my God, it has only been 6 minutes and I've heard more about sex and communism and capitalism than I'd ever really like to hear.

Anyways, back to Pretty Little Liars. I'm excited to have the story line pick back up and see what happens now that A is becoming more and more revealed and there has been a death! Plus, the cops got really close to finding out about Fitz and Aria! Yikes.

Going to things even more flitty than tv drama - I can't believe that Kate Hudson is going to get married again. She said after she divorced her first husband that she didn't believe in monogamy or committing to one person for a lifetime. I'm not against her finding love and getting pregnant, but if you don't believe in the commitment, why even get married? I guess I don't just understand why you'd bother with a wedding and marriage commitment if you only plan on breaking it and getting someone new in another couple of years. If you don't believe in it, why do it? It's like those how are atheists going out and praying. Now wonder the rate of divorce is insane in the United States. We have pop culture that treats love like a flitty feeling: "Tonight I'm loving you". Enrique used to have good love songs with his Latin culture. Especially with his father having some of the most amazing love songs. We are all about sex addictions and Sex and the City - not that "At last" moment. It is not surprising to me at all that the ideas of love in this country are so screwed up. We don't want a lasting love relationship - someone that we cherish and care about enough to stay by through thick and thin into eternity - America wants a one night drunken stand that ends with a Plan B pill at 10 the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment