Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pushing Daisies Daisies Pushing

I haven't been watching any movies lately. I spent the weekend at the zoo and carnival being confused for my little brother's mother...yet again. Also being hit on by carnies - not fun! Ick! I don't mean to be judgmental or anything, but when you have 2 teeth and are trying to hit on a girl in a Scooby Doo voice or by making "animal noises" ... I don't think you really stand a chance! Plus, who asks: "Do you come here often?" when it's a three day carnival? There is a massive difference between Gerard Butler carnie and this guy. I did have lots of fun with my little brother though - he conquered some of his fears and went on all the big kid rides.


I have been too wrapped up in my Pushing Daisies series to really get in a movie. I watched Michael Collins, but I already talked about that on Wednesday. So hmmm, I guess I can talk about Pushing Daisies. It actually is SUPER cute. I really like it! If I wasn't completely exhausted from my day, I'd probably try to sneak in one more episode before heading to bed. I have the second season for another week and a half, so I'm not too worried about not getting the rest watched. I think the series burned out rather quickly despite how cute I think it is. The person who wrote the show had a love for redundant names: Boutique Travel Travel Boutique, The Darling Mermaid Darlings, Cour d'Cours (and just saying, if it were correct French it would be Cour des Cours, but oh well).


The show is about a guy named Ned, who has the ability to bring dead things back to life with a single touch. This reanimation only lasts for a minute, or else something or someone else has to die to take the place of the person or creature that stayed. Another aspect of his gift, is that upon being touched by Ned a second time, the person will return to death permanently. This gift works well in solving murders with his P.I. friend/business partner and baking pies (over-ripe/dead fruit becomes like new!); however, it does has it's problems of love. Ned brings back his childhood sweetheart and both are tormented by the fact that they can never touch...even accidentally...ever again. There are crazy aunts, a love-sick waitress, PeeWee Herman as a sewer rat, an ageless dog, plenty of pies and comedy despite the rather morbid subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment