Monday, July 18, 2011

Such Pretty Liars

I listened to Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard while driving home yesterday. I am a huge fan and addict of the show, so I was really happy to finally see that I was next in line to get the book. The book is about of group of friends that are bonded by secrets and the glowing Ali. She is like a siren, not really the best person to be around, but always fun...and sometimes that fun leads to disasters. The girls break apart after 7th grade; after the night Ali goes missing. Aria moves to Iceland with her family, Hannah becomes skinny and popular, Spencer becomes more "perfect," and Emily has her swimming. Three years after the disappearance of Ali, the girls all end up back in Rosewood. They begin to get creepy messages from someone named A. The messages all hold secrets that only there best friend Ali could know. Ali is soon discovered and the girls become united once again; not for the greatest of reasons.


I liked the book, but I think the show might be a little better in my mind. I like that Emily doesn't have so many siblings; however, I find it interesting that in the book Emily only likes swimming because it is the "family sport" and everyone in her family is a star swimmer. Aria and Ezra's relationship is a little more interesting. Their relationship is more PG in the show and more R in the books. There is a lot of drama in the book that gets glossed over. I'm surprised that they didn't touch the eating disorder with Hannah and instead chose to have her transformation come through several summers of fat camp. I did enjoy this book! It was a good listen. I can't wait until tomorrow for the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment