Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm headed to the Vampire Academy

Wow, for some weird reason I am beyond ridiculously tired tonight! My eyes are about to fall out of my head I am so tired. Probably has something to do with the weird dreams I had last night...but oh well.

I am super excited to find out that there is the possibility for a Vampire Academy movie. I am beyond stocked. I even have a signed copy of the last book in the series. Oh yeah, I'm that nerdy about this series...and dare I say it, I think it might even be better than Twilight! Oh snap, I went there. Richelle Mead has an interesting love, vampire, school twist that Stephenie Meyer doesn't have...it mostly subtracts the creepy, emo feel. Trust me, it is still full of tons of teen angst and vampires with special powers - these vampires specialize in elements of water, fire, spirit...etc. and they can all do the Jasper thing to the nth degree - called compulsion. It's a pretty cool novel. I liked it a lot and I'm hoping that it's movies will turn out better than having whining Kristen Stewart on set.



Another thing I was spending a lot of time doing today was...reading about prostitution in London. It is quite interesting and out there. I can't believe that the British at one point had street names like Gropecuntlane, Cock Lane, and other descriptive titles. The names some of these people have too...they are brilliant. There was a guy named Richard Head and I wasn't the only one who immediately thought: "Dick Head." I wonder if Londoners would have gotten that or if the brilliance of his name was just wasted on people that call them pricks. Richard Head brought up the names of a couple other people who happened to have Richard and then unforgiving last or middle names. It is kind of disturbing to see that the debauchery reached from the highest to the lowest and the oldest to the youngest. One of the leaders in bringing prostitution back to London was the church...they got too much money out of it to let it be put out of business.

Now that I have officially grossed you out - I am off to get some sleep! Hopefully minus the weird dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment