Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wacky Wednesday

I ached all day long at work. Headache and stomach ache. Ugh! Things got better after lunch and I stopped listening to my audio book. Going to the gym after helped. I got in about 3 miles and lifted some weights and I felt so much better. Now, I am starting to ache again after watching a wonderful Criminal Minds.

I am absolutely drawing a mind blank on what to write tonight. My mind is a complete blank. I can tell you I have to be this weirdest library patron ever. Tonight I got a book on catching serial killers and then a book on make-up. I have children's books, movies, Criminal Minds series, and then crazy other books! I swear if someone looked at my library account they'd think I was a crazy person.

Sometimes I feel like I am losing intelligence. I have been out of college for a year and even though I have read more books and visited more museums and studied some pretty interesting things. I have always loved other languages but I am pretty much a dunce when it comes to learning them. I am actually pretty proud of my acquisition of French in 6 short months. I am beginning to ache at not being able to stretch my brain muscles. I long to do something academic. Isn't it weird that I waited such a long time to not have to write papers and now I miss it? I miss the intense rush of writing a paper. I think I might start writing a reading journal like my English teachers kept shoving down my throat and I would write the night before while watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I guess what it comes down to is that I just need to learn how to be me without the crutches I have had since I was 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment