Friday, May 6, 2011

Thor vs. Conan the Barbarian


So I happen to actually like action movies quite a lot. I like blood and guts and gore. I'm a weird girl, but hey - I get arthritic fingers after a few days of using a hose for long periods of time...I have to get my thrills from somewhere! Two BIG movies are coming out soon. Thor seems to be new while Conan the Barbarian was already played by The Governator (a.k.a. Arnold Schwarzenegger...I'm a little afraid for my life and why I could just spell his last name without having to look it up).


Thor was released today and despite having cool people in it like Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins - I think it looks stupid. I hate to say it because I think that Anthony Hopkins would make one awesome Odin, but egh. I was watching the trailer with my roomies last weekend and they were all swooning over the guy that plays Thor...I was gagging. I know that the main guy shouldn't be the reason to go to a film...but let's face it - besides the action action movies bring to our lives...they also bring really hot men! Sad, but true. I'm sorry to the poor actor guy, but I do not think he is all that gorgeous and his voice actually annoys the heck out of me. This will further cement me as a nerd, but I have an image of Thor in my head and this guy does not even come close. The Scottish guys in this commercial come a tad bit closer to my imagined Thor. So here is a trailer - decide if you want to go see Thor become the defender of the people.



The other movie I wanted to talk about is Conan the Barbarian. I am kind of interested to see what will be done with this movie and story line...besides being able to finally understand the dialogue. I like Jason Momoa a lot! Heck, I watched Star Gate: Atlantis because of him and his gorgeous hair. I am also excited to see Rose McGowan in this movie. I bet she'll play a witch. I have no clue who or what her character does...but I am betting she'll be a witch! I guess I'm just more excited to see a hero in his own time period doing what he does best - kicking butt. Maybe that is why I am put off by the idea of Thor returning to earth and becoming the champion for humans...he just doesn't belong here! Sure, we have the tree of Thor in our houses every year for Christmas, but I think this is crossing the line! Enjoy the trailer of a gorgeous Jason Momoa kicking butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment