Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pin Curl

I like retro things - and so I really wanted to try out pin curls when they turned up in my trusty copy of Let's Bring Back by Lesley M.M. Blume.

I had to get some help from several youtube sites, but I found that LisaFreemontStreet was one of the best for explaining how to do pin curls. I had a long day inside since it was pouring rain in Paris...thus I had a lot of time on my hands to mess around with hair. I put my pin curls in after I showered and then waited and waited. I had a little bit of a hard time since I have clumsy man-hands and super fine hair (my hair confuses me because I apparently have lots of fine hair...and ideal, but I can never do anything with it!).

I got my hair up, wrapped it up, and set to waiting with a Sherlock Holmes book. I also skyped with my brother who has learned to just accept my quirky ways by now. After several hours and some FINALLY dry hair - I took out my bobby pins and carefully brushed out my curls. I have to be really careful since my hair doesn't like to hold the styles I attempt and my curls tend to fall to pieces quickly. I got them brushed out and styled them a bit...and voila!


(note the snow was an effect I added in my rain soaked boredom).

I really liked how it turned out and it wasn't actually all that hard to do. It was just the waiting for the hair to dry that was the long and arduous part. I think if I were to do this again I'd have to do it before I went to bed and then somehow avoid moving at all during the night. I could also fork over a boat load of money to get a salon style hair drying bonnet, but then again I don't always spend a lot of time on my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment